Automated overlabeling is generally considered to be more effective than manual overlabeling for several reasons:
- Speed: Automated overlabeling machines can apply new labels to products at high speeds, which can significantly increase productivity and reduce labor costs.
- Accuracy: Automated overlabeling machines are equipped with sensors that can detect the presence of an existing label and ensure that the new label is applied in the correct position over the top of the existing label. This can reduce the risk of errors and improve the overall accuracy of the overlabeling process.
- Consistency: Automated overlabeling machines can apply labels with consistent pressure and alignment, which can improve the overall appearance of the final product.
- Flexibility: Automated overlabeling machines can be programmed to apply different labels to different products, and can be easily adjusted to accommodate changes in product size or labeling requirements.
- Scalability: Automated overlabeling machines can handle high volumes of products and can be scaled up or down as needed, making them suitable for a wide range of industries and businesses.
However, manual overlabeling may be more suitable for small volume of products or for products with irregular shapes. It also may be more cost-effective for small businesses with limited budgets.
It’s important to consider the volume of labels you need to print, the type of products you are labeling and your budget before making a decision.